Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quoted!


While attending the 2008 Atlanta Film Festival I wondered to myself which of the 10-15 films or so would I really come away from seeing and say that one was the my favorite. About half way through the week long event I managed to attend an afternoon screening of "Let Them Chirp Awhile" directed by Jonathan Blitstein. I think I was intrigued by the films premise which I read in the festival's guide. Also I noticed that it was screening as 35 mm print instead of the usual dvd or beta tape used in most festivals. It sunk in during the film that yes I really liked it. And by the end I really knew that I really enjoyed it and the effort made by the filmmakers. It just seemed so different from what alot of young filmmakers are catching up to and doing these days. I later on posted my thoughts and review on the Atlanta Film Fest webpage. Cut to this morning while reading the new blog by the film's director (courtesy of myspace bulletin) and low and behold I see that he has quoted me (rushmore92) from my review about the film. I guess this is my first time being quoted on the internet. Woohoo! Here is the films myspace page followed by the films blog. My full quote and the director's thoughts are under the title "New and Approved Blog" heading (scroll halfway down).

No comments: