Saturday, August 09, 2008

New Doc "The Farm Team" Coming Soon

This past June and July I traveled to Mobile, AL to shoot a documentary about the grounds crew of a professional minor league baseball team. The team is the Mobile BayBears in the Southern League (AA) who play at Hank Aaron Stadium and are affiliated with the Arizona Diamondbacks. I am a former minor league baseball groundskeeper and did so for most of the 1990's for three different teams. Ever since making the career move into filmmaking I've always been interested in marrying both my interest in groundskeeping and my passion for making movies. The goal of this documentary is to inform the viewer about what it is these guys go through long before you hear the sound of "Play Ball"! It's an up close and on the field look into what it takes to maintain daily a professional playing surface and battle the always changing elements of mother nature.



No comments: